Wednesday, December 30, 2009

How can I improve my self esteem when god gave me this horrible acne and scars?

I don't break out as much as I did in my teens, but I bear the burden of all these scars on my face now. Ever since I started having acne, my self esteem and self worth have spiraled down to zero. I always think people will judge me based on how I look and not who I am as a person, especially when it comes to finding a companion. In this world people seem to value first money and looks, of which I have neither. It's hard for me to make friends with this god-given curse as well. So how can I change this, short of having reconstructive or cosmetic surgery and getting put on accutane so that I might never have any future breakouts.How can I improve my self esteem when god gave me this horrible acne and scars?
Yeah, that's tough when you're young. But as you get older that sort of thing becomes much less important. Personality, humor, stability, kindness, loyalty -- as you put it, who you are as a person -- becomes much more important.





I don't have a skin problem, but trust me, I'm not the most attractive guy around. But as I got older I never had any problem with companionship.





Which leads me to my last point. One of the most attractive things about a person is his or her self-confidence. And that means confidence in all that you are, defects and all.





There will always be individuals who will reject you for any number of reasons, skin problems included. So to hell with them. Anybody who rejects you because you don't have the perfect complexion is too shallow for you to hang out with anyway.





My humble suggestion -- be just as confident as if you were the most attractive person in the room. And an amazing thing will happen -- your confidence will make you attractive, and people will look beyond the surface and see who you really are.





Trust me on this -- you're going to be Ok. Best wishes.How can I improve my self esteem when god gave me this horrible acne and scars?
Ignore it. As much as you may hate to hear this, it's become a part of you. People you know wont look at you for your looks, but for who you are. If you portray a confident and welcoming personality, no one will care what you look like.
Don't focus on what other people think, You know who you are. Those who matter don't mind the acne, and those who do mind it, don't matter.
First off, capatilize God.


Second, he gave them to you for a reason. Maybe you should go to Church and learn what he has in store for you.
Improve your self esteem by studying the religious book of your faith - your question doesn't indicate what, if any religion you follow.





According to the Jews and Christians, God made people in His image. If you believe this, then you look like God, scars and all.





1 Samuel 16:7-8 ';For God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.'; For people who are spiritually mature, this means that a person's love of God and their deeds mean more than their looks.





Your self esteem and self worth are more appropriately based on how you treat others and certainly not on how you look. If you are well groomed - clean, no smell, neatly dressed - acne scars are not the end of the world. People are always going to judge you, no matter what - believe it, they will always find something wrong - insecurity is rampant these days and it is easier for some people to point out the faults of others than deal with their own. Those who value money and looks are immature and shallow and you will be better off avoiding them, take it from a man who learned this lesson the hard way.





Look into getting treatment for your acne scars from a dermatologist. This will help your self esteem. Check out the link below.





Know that you are a child of God who belongs here because God put you here will certainly help your self esteem even more. Strive to be the best person you can be according to the standards of your faith and your family. Be in this world but not of this world. God has given you this challenge to see where you will turn for strength - will you turn to him or will you turn away? The choice is yours. Hopefully, you will turn to the everlasting, endless source of strength that is the Divine Creator of all, who loves you beyond definition.





You said that you are at zero, well, now the only way is UP and you are going to get there. Have faith.
Your self esteem should not be based on anything that comes from the outside. It is rather a thing in your head. In terms of self esteem, just let go. Enjoy life. Stop worrying about other people, they themselves are dealing with other stuff and if they judge you, it is a problem of their character, not yours. People that like to judge, like it because they like the feeling of feeling superior. Why do they need this? because in reality they feel inferior. You really don't want them around anyways.
you might be able to use the home dermabrasion kits, dove makes one I think, wal mart and target have them. do you wash your face twice a day, use light oil free moisterize with spf? I read chemical peels arent good for acne scarred skin but it sound slike thats what you want to stay away from anyway. dont worry, I happen to be one of the people that isnt completely superficial, just try to remember that when you are out talking to people. not everyone is as judgmental as you think. try to be confident and just let things happen. my sister told me once';fake it til ya make it'; which meant squash your fears and isecurities if only for a little while and go out there and be confident, even if in the back of your mind your scared to death. people dont know that they only know what you let them see. im not saying BE fake but once you start trying to be what you want eventually you will just be it and you wont be trying anymore. You will have made it. have a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment