Wednesday, December 30, 2009

How can I improve my self esteem when god gave me this horrible acne and scars?

I don't break out as much as I did in my teens, but I bear the burden of all these scars on my face now. Ever since I started having acne, my self esteem and self worth have spiraled down to zero. I always think people will judge me based on how I look and not who I am as a person, especially when it comes to finding a companion. In this world people seem to value first money and looks, of which I have neither. It's hard for me to make friends with this god-given curse as well. So how can I change this, short of having reconstructive or cosmetic surgery and getting put on accutane so that I might never have any future breakouts.How can I improve my self esteem when god gave me this horrible acne and scars?
Well what's wrong with going on medication to stop your breakouts? It's a good idea. Tetracycline isn't as strong as Accutane, and it works in most cases. I was put on that a few years ago, and it was a lifesaver. I'm so glad I did it - it may seem drastic, but it's really no big deal and it saved me from years of embarrassment and scars. Laser resurfacing or chemical peals can help remove scars, but so can a retinol cream which exfoliates the top layer of skin (the dermatologist can prescribe one). You should also wear sunscreen everyday so that the scars don't keep retaining pigment. Honestly, that can have a really huge impact on your self esteem so I think it's worth it. Retinol creams aren't expensive (maybe $10 with a prescription), but they really help both to diminish acne and scars. I do think you should seek help from a dermatologist. Short of that and wearing makeup if you choose to, there's not much you can do physically.





To improve your self esteem, you might want to think about exploring new interests. Volunteering someplace or taking some classes will help you foster new interests and meet new people. Getting out of the house and doing new things will help raise your self esteem. Exercising also tends to raise self esteem - both because of the positive physical effects and the endorphins it releases. Really anything that makes you get out of your shell will help you. Forcing yourself to be around people and help people is also great. And forcing yourself to smile and have confidence. A lesson I learned a long time ago: you can either worry that someone is looking at a blemish on your face and turn away from them and seem antisocial, or you can realize that they probably already saw the blemish and don't care about it, and put your best foot forward and smile.





And honestly, you're being a little harsh on humankind by assuming everyone only cares about money and looks, don't you think? Attractiveness IS important in a companion, yes, but attractive doesn't mean gorgeous. Attractiveness is nothing so simple. You can be attracted to someone's smile or body, or you can be attracted to the glow in their eyes or their voice or their kindness or the way they move or their intelligence. You have to be confident in the things that make you you.





I wish you the best of luck. How can I improve my self esteem when god gave me this horrible acne and scars?
i have the same prob and i stil in my teens just wash your face and try to keep your face away from the sun so the scars don't get darker they'll clear up or not be as visible soon
Ok you don't have to freak out! just look in the mirror and look at the real you!! acne and scars are things that can change, i love st. ives, OXY, and clean and clear morning burst. and if you feel that bad then go to a dermatologist and have then check it out and they have things to get rid of scars and acne! but look at the real you not just your face





hope i helped
do you know what you really should not care what people think if they arnt kind enough to see your personality they are not worth it


and your right most people in this world do value money and looks


but thats because they are shallow and they need to get a life


and they sure not making there lifes any better doin so





b who u are always peace out



i have a look between rihanna and alicia keys- they are seen as the most beautiful women right now-


not to mention i have acne on my face- back- and shoulders- it comes and goes and i've had it since i was 13-


i say see a dermatologist- but that may not help-


proactiv didnt help me- neither did- neutrogena-


as i get older it fades-


cover up your acne scars with a certain hair cut- makeup- things like that! hope i helped-
calm down. as long as you have a good personality, no one is going to care about some silly little scars!






From your ';ask'; you seem to be older than a teenager now, first I have to ask what makes you think God gave you acne and scars when this condition happens to everyone, perhaps not the scarring, but it too occurs, you need to meditate on a few things right now, and not allow this to control your life. You always think people judge you based on how you look, let me ask, if you were as some may say ';beautiful'; then what would people be judging you on then, hmm? My point is we all judge and we all get judged that is the world we live in. You said it's hard to make friends? Do you have any? If so, why not seek them out more? Not to become overbearing but have them share in your life. There are as you mentioned ways to minimize the scars, and the acne may need to be treated with medicine, even perscribed medicine, I personally use a Clinic soap and also baking soda as an expholiate, I am not sure if any of this has helped , but I hope it does. Please, remember none of us are perfect, try to find yourself and be happy.
I wish I can give you back the strength you deserve. Acne are burden for all of us-believe me I know, just depend how sensitive you are or if you believe in yourself enough to overcome. Those people who look at your face or wallet only, are not worth anything and don’t bother to make friends with them-there is no future. Beauty is something that come and goes but your character is a real beauty and worth to live.


But let me tell you how I get rid of acne. I read about Jennifer-Flavin Stallone-her biography as a super-model and believe me or not, she had the same problems as we have. She said that breakouts were so horrible and so many times prevented her from modeling . She was desperate, tried everything (easy for her she has enough money as super model and wife of Sylvester Stallone) until she found Continuously Clear essentials. She cleared all acne for ever (she is still using some of products- time to time for pimples). I tried it and I am happy I did, because my acne are gone, some scars left-but with no new breakouts there are no new scars. Also scars that are still visible are fading. Check out this website: www.new4skin.com/22.html I purchased Continuously clear there.


God let us have those scars, maybe for reason, to make as better person. Remember our beauty is inside and there are people out there that will see it.


Chin up my friend! Every morning look in the mirror and admire yourself as good person looking inside your soul not face. Repeat loud:” I am an incredible human been. I am good and I respect myself!”


If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to e-mail me.

No comments:

Post a Comment