Sunday, April 25, 2010

What can help old pitted acne scar?

give me good home remdy or cream with personal experience.no surgery please.What can help old pitted acne scar?
I have acne scars. I had cystic acne and was left with plenty of pitted scars. I took accutane to get rid of the acne.





For the scaring I have used AHA (alpha hydroxy acid) creams. Use 12% or more. I get mine from my natural health food store. It is the Camocare brand. It worked well for me. Most people can not tell I had bad acne.


It will take time. Just be consistent with it.





Another option is to get a prescription for retin A. It is more harsh and your face may turn red and peely. I tried that and that is what happened to me. I preferred the more mild method.





You also may want to try a chemical peel. I haven't done that because I was afraid of the risks.





No matter which one of these you try, be sure to use sunscreen!What can help old pitted acne scar?
When I first met my dermatologist, I asked her the same question. Thankfully I did not have severe or even moderate acne, but brief flare-ups once in a great while. While she was prescribing me two different topical creams to keep those flare-ups under wraps, I asked her about old scars.





I have a few small pitted scars on my chin from when I was a young teenager. I asked her if there was anything topical that would alleviate the bumpiness or texture. Unfortunately, she said there really are not any miracle creams that can help texture; most scar creams help with redness, but even that goes away with time. She stated that to change texture you have to look at chemical peels and microdermabrasion.





I was just as disappointed!


Sorry!
I just went to the dermatologist with this same question and he said with deep scars like mine, really nothing is gonna take them completely away. Sorry. I was very disappointed with his answer. I hate my scars!
Acne is a skin condition that affects up to 80% of people in their teens and twenties, and up to 5% of older adults. While many people recover from acne without any permanent effects, some people are left with disfiguring acne scars. There are some topical skin care products and medications that can improve mild scarring, but most acne scars are treated with a combination of surgical procedures and skin resurfacing.





Early Acne Scars


After an acne lesion has healed, it can leave a red or hyperpigmented mark on the skin. This is actually not a scar, but rather a post-inflammatory change. The redness or hyperpigmentation is seen as the skin goes through its healing and remodeling process, which takes approximately 6-12 months.





Sponsored Links


Improve Acne Scars


Effective home treatments for acne scarring, pitting.


www.makeupartistschoice.com





Acne scars


Heal %26amp; prevent acne blemishes with Proactiv. Over 7 million users.


www.proactiv.com





Fade Acne Scars Fast


New home treatment for acne scars that provides unparalleled results.


skincarerx.com/acne-scarring.html


If no more acne lesions develop in that area, the skin can heal normally. Any color change or skin defect still present after 1 year is considered to be a permanent defect or scar.
  • acne
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment