Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Is it fine for me to use non-comedogenic or oil-free foundation to cover up my acne scars?

I'm 17, male and passionately regret picking and messing up my skin in previous years. I used to have really inflammed acne until my doctor prescribed Tetralysal tablets and Freederm. Now, my skin looks better, but I was just wondering, and I'd appreciate your honest opinion, if wearing non-comedogenic or oil-free foundation has the potential to help me? Have you, or do you know of anyone, who has had success with wearing make-up in order to hide their acne scars and/or other skin blemishes.





Don't answer this question if you're just going to give an unhelpful and/or offensive answer.





Thanks in advance.Is it fine for me to use non-comedogenic or oil-free foundation to cover up my acne scars?
Well I'm sure you'll be able to cover your scars with the right products and some practice. I've never known of any of my guy friends using makeup other than in theatre productions. The key would be finding products that match your natural skin color and blending really well in order to make sure that it's not apparent that you're using makeup. Choosing makeup that is non-comedogenic or oil-free would be the best because those will keep you from breaking out again. BUT know that by wearing makeup in general you run the risk of breaking out a bit again. Keep your pores clean and remove the makeup thoroughly but gently when you're done with it.





Best of luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment