Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Safe to buy and use glycolic acid at home for acne scars?

I called a local dermatology place, they told me they they charge $80 for one treat of ';skinmedica'; which is a glycolic acid. I also found some glycolic skin peels on ebay for 30-40 bucks, im not sure what i should do, any ideas?Safe to buy and use glycolic acid at home for acne scars?
A few years ago I started noticing this strange ';shadow'; appear on my upper lip. It looked like a mustache and it was really embarrassing. While I was getting a facial, the esthetist told me it was hyper-pigmentation from the sun. Of course, she tried to talk me into getting these really expensive weekly treatments that I couldn't afford. When she saw she wasn't going to be able to sell me on that, she tried to talke me into purchasing a $180 dollar bottle of glycolic acid! I did some research on the web and found this web site:





http://www.makeupartistschoice.com/products/30_Glycolic_Kits-270-20.html





I bought a kit of 30% glycolic acid. I used it three times a week and left it on for about 4-6 mintues. It got rid of my ';mustache.'; I still have a lot left over and I'm using it now to get rid of acne scars.

No comments:

Post a Comment